What types of items can I put out in my green cart for recycling collection?
Newton has single stream recycling, this means that all recyclable materials can be placed in one container! There is no more separation of recyclables at curbside.
Recyclable items include:
- paper (newspaper, magazines, phone books, mixed paper, beverage cartons, drink boxes, paperboard)
- cardboard, please flatten
- glass bottles/jars (all colors)
- metal containers (foil, aluminum pie trays, aerosol cans)
- milk, water and juice jugs
- plastic bottles ("check for the neck"), leave caps ON
- plastic food tubs (yogurt, margarine, cottage cheese, etc.)
- food jars (peanut butter, mayonnaise)
- Please rinse out containers.
Please note: plastic bags are NOT accepted, but can be recycled at most grocery stores.
For more information, visit the links below:Single Stream Recycling Materials Accepted at the Recycling DepotWhat do I do With...? / Recyclopedia